Sally Gardner has been influenced by fairy tales in her own writing, particularly those written by the Brothers Grimm.
Vladimir Propp is Russian that completed a famous study of how fairy and folk tales were created.
- What can you find out about the work of Vladimir?
- How does his analysis help you understand your own writing and creative approach?
- How do you structure what happens in your own writing/ Do you work it all out before you begin?
- Think about what Vladimir Propp's found out through his research.
- Do his findings fit with your own approach to writing?
- What can you learn from the research? What aspects are not relevant to your own writing approach?